Can You Run WhatsApp On Your Desktop Computer?
What is WhatsApp?
What will I need?
- First up, download and install Bluestacks app player. It’s a straight forward installation. However it might want to download extra stuff so your internet connection better be working
- Run the player from the desktop icon. You’ll get to a screen similar to the one shown below
- Click on the Search icon and enter WhatsApp
- Select WhatsApp Messenger from the list and proceed to the installation. It might also ask you for a Google account, just provide that right away. Since it is an Android emulator, you’ll be navigated to Google Play. Click Install and it’ll start the download.
- And that’s it! WhatsApp will ask you to enter a valid phone number. The verification will also work through that number so you better enter it correctly.
- Great! Now you can use WhatsApp the way you do it on a smartphone. You can customize your profile, contact all your friends regardless of which platform they are running the app on and also get live notifications of new messages from the emulator.
So why WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is not officially released for PC/Mac but there are ways like the one mentioned above that make that happen. The methodology is simple but works quite well. WhatsApp is also the best of its kind which makes it a must-have. Just in case you were wondering throughout this tutorial, YES you can run any android app/game on the software mentioned. Guess your life just got better, much better!